Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Forest

The Whippoorwill calls
Breaking through the veil of night
With a feeling of desperation.

The damp earth sinks beneath my feet
A blur of deep jade caresses my face
As I soar through the depths of darkness.

My aching heart yearns to hide,
But the pulling brings me ever forward
Exposing me to the branches that cage me.

I am lost here, having left myself behind
My moral compass swinging wildly this way and that
Intertwining honor with deceit.

With the ethereal song still settling
I slow to a walk
Willing myself to stop.

The memories of abduction and abuse
Convoluted with shameful longing
Bite back at me with malice.

Her rough footfalls saunter near,
Fantastic hate folding into me,
Evasion now only a distant recollection.

No comments:

Post a Comment