Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mohawks R Us

So, getting a kid's hair cut is never easy.. or fun.  But with Cole, it is taken to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL.  Seriously.  We've been saying we need to cut his hair for a while.  It's super long and hanging in his eyes.


Cole decided to take things into his own hands last night, and took a few snips before I caught him.  So, it was definitely time for a cut.  We looked at pictures, and everything he wanted was SUPER short, but he also likes a mohawk now and then, for kicks I guess.  So we picked something out.

Our FAVORITE hair-creationist (hahaha) Rexanne fit us in this afternoon.  Here is what followed:

Arrive, winded (from rushing).  Get Cole in the chair, with his "keep the hair off me" cape.  He is still (hooray), only moving his head a bit to look around.  This lasts approx. 5 min.  Then he starts to lose it.  Within 10 minutes, he's snatched off the cape, and next he's running UPSTAIRS and playing "I'm going to run away and you have to catch me".  NOT COOL.  I finally get him back in the chair.  Bribe him with everything imaginable... ice cream, pizza, friends, my bracelet, my keys, chapstick and finally my phone.  That occupied him for a bit.  Meanwhile, Rexanne is cutting his hair in many fun positions (standing, sitting, sliding, me holding him, etc.).  It was... interesting.  Finally it's done, and he lets us style it in a mohawk, and it looks awesome.  That lasts about 45 seconds, at which time he promptly squashed it, and messes it up.  WOW, thanks.  After getting in the car, he put his hat on (geez).

He does like it though.  After he took the hat off, he played with it all the way home.

Anyway, after chasing him around to re-style and get a photo, here it is.  Not the best picture, but the hair cut ROCKS.



1 comment:

  1. he almost looks non-spawn of satan here! lmao...well, at least Lucifer's offspring looks GOOD. he has to, he a reputation to uphold!

    ReplyDelete