Saturday, February 16, 2013

Veganniversary


Today makes 2 weeks VEGAN!

Status Report...

1. Is it difficult?

No, it's really not hard. The only thing I find challenging is eating out, but it's getting easier!  I'm learning "how" to ask for food (lol).

2. How do I feel?

I feel great! I've already lost 2 pounds from doing absolutely NOTHING but eating.  How awesome is that?

3. Is it sustainable?

Absolutely! I have no desire to ever eat anything animal related again. Seriously.


The only other thing I've found challenging is the questions from people. It's not that I find their questions hostile, or weird, or dumb... it's just that it is weird to really have people ask me about the way I eat.  I don't ask people who eat meat, where they get their daily percentage of Vitamin C... But if something finds I'm out I've "gone vegan", usually the next thing out of their mouth is, "Where do you get your protein from?"  So.. here is the answer...

I get it from FOOD.

Protein is found in all whole plant foods, and it has never been demonstrated that we require more than what is found naturally in a varied whole-food plant-based diet that is sufficient in calories.  The general, meat-eating population as a whole gets FAR TOO MUCH protein...

The other question is, "What do you eat?".  And again, I eat food. I eat broccoli, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, pasta, rice, peppers, tofu, and tempeh.  I drink coconut and almond milk, and water, and teas.  Really, I'm not starving.  I probably eat a lot more than most, yet I am loosing weight...

PS. Oreo's are vegan, although I don't recommend eating many...

And to celebrate, I made this KILLER Southwestern Mac n' "Cheese" out of my Forks Over Knives Cookbook.  Oh. My. God. Heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment