Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Unprocessed!

What would happen if I went for an entire month without eating any processed foods?

Well, that's what I intend to find out.  October Unprocessed 2011 starts today!  I've taken the pledge and I'm going to try to fulfill it!

So what is unprocessed food?  Easy!  It's any food that could be made by a person with reasonable skill in a home kitchen with readily available, whole-food ingredients.  Think "REAL" food.  All those fruits and veggies in the produce section... unprocessed (and usually quite pretty, not to mention tasty).  Boxed mac and cheese... think again, it's processed.

So, it's not going to be easy (which is laughable, but unfortunately true).  It's not that it's hard to do, it's those days when I'm feeling tired, and I don't want to slave away in the kitchen.  But, no matter!  I'm committed!

Want to join me?  Take the pledge and get started!  I'll be sharing my journey here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment