Friday, February 25, 2011

Awaiting Poetry

(Random Old Poem of the Day)
1/8/2003


He hooked and reeled me in, waiting.

His voice darted from shoulder to shoulder
Demanding comfort, somewhere to lay his head
Low.

Just to provoke a reaction I pushed aside what
Bound me to him, what I always knew was
Real.

His face flexed and I felt the shine
Fall from his eyes, into my deepest
Shadows.

The illusion fell from my lips, awaiting penalty.

The composure was forgotten and all emphasis
Fell to the stain, the mark I had
Branded.

His passion for me, now fetish driven, sank
Below my waist, and laid
Loose.

His voice faltered as he wandered solemnly out
Of his comfort zone, into some other
Culture.

The words fell from my lips, awaiting poetry.

Something left to brighten his day, make him happy.

His escape is overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment